Tuesday 4 August 2020

Community enjoyment, or; recognition always cheers you up!

When I choose an army, or a miniature to paint, it's for a few reasons:
  • I'm collecting that army 
  • I like the miniature
  • It's a challenge to paint

But ultimately - It's an enjoyable experience when I paint it and finish it, with a sense of accomplishment and pride.

This comes from my own self, but when others see my work, and like it, I'll admit I do get a flush of pride and joy from them enjoying something I've done.  I generally get good feedback on social media, with my work being liked by many.

When LockDown started, and I was forced to work from home more, I took to watching Warhammer TV's Twitch channel a little more than I did.  I took particular attention in the Hobby Roundup, a twice weekly hour long show where the Community Team would present hobbyist's own work and discuss it briefly.  Joining in was easy - just use the hashtag #warhammercommunity on Twitter or Instagram, or send the team and email with your picture and then they'd choose their favourites and on the next show - their selections would be showcased for the audience to enjoy.

I've now had the honour of being showcased five times since March, of which I'm incredibly proud. I keep striving to do better in my hobby, to produce nicer and nicer work, and the opportunity to have it seen by a bigger audience is a great motivator!

Unfortunately I can't find my 1st appearance - which was an Ultramarine (ironic really given my biggest army is Word Bearers for the Horus Heresy game), but if I can find a picture I'll add it in later!

But here's my other 4 appearances, with the latest today (4.8.20) with my Slaaneshi Chariot:


Previous to that:




I'm hoping that I have more appearances, and that one day, I get my main ambition granted - a spread or at least a photo, in White Dwarf itself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My first ever fan fiction!

  My First foray into fan fiction - a Battletech short story!  I've been wanting to write short stories for a while, but never really go...