Wednesday 1 January 2014

Back to the beginning...











The picture above was taken on my 4th Birthday... 1979 (that's me on the right, the other boy is my older brother Dean).

I didn't know it then, but toy soldiers would provide enjoyment to me from then on, for the rest of my life.

My hobby really kicked into gear 4 years later, with a birthday present of a red box, with a dragon on it, containing two booklets and a set of funny dice....


THAT'S where the fun really started! Elves, Dwarves, Goblins, Wizards! A BLOODY GREAT BIG DRAGON!

31 years later, I'm still playing D&D, still painting toy soldiers  and bloody loving it!

I've seen games come and game go (and some even come back for a second try...), and have played more games than I can remember.

I won't just be looking forward on this blog - there are plenty out there that claim to be the masters of rumour gathering (hint: they're not) and the various fora cover the major systems, but I will be looking back, and at the projects that currently occupy my time...

Now, what is this 'Oldhammer' of what you speak?




1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of gaming nostalgia as a serious art form.

    Well done, and all the best with the project.


    M.A Hides

    Authour of '(Real) Life's A Bu**er! A Tale Of Sex, Dice & Rock 'N' Roll'

    ReplyDelete

My first ever fan fiction!

  My First foray into fan fiction - a Battletech short story!  I've been wanting to write short stories for a while, but never really go...