Tuesday 20 February 2018

Necromunda - Painting House Orlock!

Following on from my last post, I've now completed the first 10 House Orlock!

The kit itself is great. Easy to put together, with enough options to make several load outs (and plenty more should you be in the converting habit..which I am), Games Workshop have crammed so much into one sprue it's unbelievable!

The Orlock Sprue (front and back)

The instructions in the box allow you to build the 'recommended' gang layout, and also gives the various optional builds as well, and are well laid out:

So Many Options!

Painting:
As noted last time, I've gone with a paint scheme based on the style of AKIRA - specifically, the character of Kaneda.

The colours used were:
Jackets and fatigues: Mephiston Red, washed with Carroburg Crimson, highlighted with Evil Suns Scarlet and Wild Rider Red

Undershirt and sash: Ushabti Bone, washed with Seraphim Sepia, highlighted with Flayed One Flesh

Boots, Shoulder Pads: Forgeworld Corax Black, washed with Nuln Oil, highlighted with Mechanicum Standard Grey

Metals: Leadbelcher, washed with Nuln Oil and highlighted with Ironbreaker

Bases: Leadbelcher and Screaming Bell, washed with Agrax Earthshade.

All in all, they were very easy to put together and paint! 

Next up: House Goliath...









3 comments:

  1. It's amazing how quickly and smoothly a project can go when you get a good inspiration like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! Like this scheme alot. I may steal it for my Orlock gang

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome i like how you have patined the waitcoats into jackets alot

    ReplyDelete

My first ever fan fiction!

  My First foray into fan fiction - a Battletech short story!  I've been wanting to write short stories for a while, but never really go...