Saturday 1 December 2018

2018.- A Hobby Year in reflection.

I can't quite believe, as I sit here writing this, that 2018 is but a month away from ending!

I thought I'd take the chance to look back at the year in terms of my hobby, and look forward to 2019...

JANUARY:

I started the year with the idea that I'd paint a 1000 points of a new army before looking at any other project - and I succeeded!

Having already built and painted a Word Bearers army for Horus Heresy (and got matching tattoos for it...), I decided that I needed a 40k version!

Of course, I had to start somewhere... Given that the Ultramarines have now got Guilliman back in charge, I chose to take Lorgar in his 'ascendant' form as the WB's Daemon Prince!


By the time I was finished with this army, I'd amassed 4000 points... and it's still going!

FEBRUARY:

February saw the Heresy / Necromunda Weekender in Nottingham.  This was the first 'residential' weekender I'd been to, and I loved every minute - from the seminars where we heard about the future of the Heresy and Necromunda lines, to the quiz and chilling with other hobbyists who became good friends.  I'm looking forward to next year's event! At the event I picked up the new Orlock gang for Necromunda, which I couldn't wait to get painted!

MARCH:

With the onset of March, we expected Spring... and what did we get? SNOW. But with inclement weather, comes the excuse to stay indoors and spend time on hobby!

I decided to spend March revisiting my favourite faction, and my biggest army, my Craftworld Alaitoc Eldar army.

After putting a requests out, I managed to grab several 'classic' units to add to the army, alongside some new stuff - Forgeworld Superheavy tanks among them!

I now have over 30,000 points of Eldar - from the humble Guardian Defender Squads, to a Phantom Titan... and have plans to add even more in 2019 (did someone say Drukhari?...)




Next up: April to June - Necrons, Praetorians and a new Edition of Age of Sigmar..!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My first ever fan fiction!

  My First foray into fan fiction - a Battletech short story!  I've been wanting to write short stories for a while, but never really go...