Monday 25 June 2018

Adding Units to the Praetorian XXIV - Glory Boys and Hotdogs!

Now I have the 'core' of the Praetorian Army done (each squad is a Veteran squad), it's time to start adding supplemental units to the army, to add depth...

First up is a 4th
Troops choice - Tempestus Scions. For my background, the Scions are seen as 'Glory Boys', they're not from Praetoria, don't follow the same code as the XXIV and always seem to only be there when the pict recorders are running...!

To differentiate them from the XXIV, I decided to paint them blue, with white accents. This was easy enough given the armour they wear, and the head choices - for these, I went with the berets.

To make them a mobile choice, I've added a Taurox Prime - chosen as it has a handy missile launcher on the back! It's a little more pricey, but I hope it will work as a good firebase. The 'standard' Taurox has track units rather than wheels, something I've never liked about the design, so I swapped them out for some large wheels I had knocking about.

Alongside these, there's a squadron of Armoured Sentinels. I prefer these over the lighter Scout version, even if they do lose the Scouting ability, they make up for it in firepower! Again, to try and make them into individuals, I've modelled each one slightly different (not just in weaponry) - these makes them into characters of their own...

So - here's the Scions and their Taurox Prime Transport:

And the three Sentinels:

No comments:

Post a Comment

My first ever fan fiction!

  My First foray into fan fiction - a Battletech short story!  I've been wanting to write short stories for a while, but never really go...