Thursday 19 April 2018

Craftworld Alaitoc - Building a Warhost Pt3

The continuing  build of my Alaitoc Warhost!



I've now been collecting the army for a little over a year - buying up kits as I pleased, with no particular plan apart from 'it looks cool, I'd like to paint that'.

So, last weekend I totted up how many points I could field, if I took everything I had so far.

Now, the average game is around 1750 - 2000 points...

I've amassed 22,500 points.

Twenty Two Thousand, Five Hundred Points.

Um...!

It's the biggest single army I've ever owned, and it's almost fully painted, which I'm pretty darn proud of!

I'll be taking better pictures of the whole army soon, but here's a few more units that I've recently finished:


I love the superheavy tanks of the Eldar - this is the Cobra variant. The D-Cannon can take out even the most heavily armoured enemies, and make short work of Titans!


Windriders are a fast hitting, mobile troops choice for the Eldar. These are the second unit for my force.  These have 2 Scatter Laser options in the squad, the other option is Shuriken Cannon.

I've always loved the Firestorm anti-aircraft variant of the Falcon, and now it's got rules thanks to the most recent FAQ, I've painted one of the two I have! Who doesn't love the idea of shooting down enemy aircraft?

Another Farseer... this one has the robes 'swapped' on the colour scheme to make her a little different from the others, with a large decal split across either side.

Next up is a Skathatch Wraithknight - the Forgeworld variant of the Eldar Wraithknight, armed with Inferno Cannon and a warp jump generator - another Titan killer, which is useful given the number of Knight Titans my regular opponent Brian has....!

To make the base I've cut up an old, knackered Falcon - the Knight is going to be striding over it to get to the enemy...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My first ever fan fiction!

  My First foray into fan fiction - a Battletech short story!  I've been wanting to write short stories for a while, but never really go...