Thursday 6 February 2014

NEW MARVEL COMICS MINIS!


 I've been a comic reader for as long as I can remember, learning to read from the comics my father would bring home.

It's only natural then that I've been yearning for comic book character miniatures for just as long!  Whilst DC have now got a beautifully sculpted range in their Arkham City / Batman Miniatures game from Knight Models, Marvel fans have had to put up with the (somewhat shoddy) Heroclix prepainted figures - something that the painter in me couldn't bear.

Until now...


Knight Models, the guys behind the Batman Miniatures game (I'll cover that in a forthcoming post), have now started to release images of their 35mm Marvel Universe figures - Starting with Iron Man and Wolverine.

The Iron Man figure is a good resemblence of the 'Cinematic Universe' version of Iron Man, which in turn was based on the amazing artwork of Adi Granov.  It's a nice dynamic pose.

Wolverine however, isn't based on the Film version, which I suspect is due to the Hugh Jackman version rights being controlled by a different studio than the Avengers / Cap / Iron Man / Thor films. In this picture he's outfitted in the current yellow / blue suit, but I'm sure that a good painter could use this miniature to represent any period of Logan's storyline (apart from possibly Weapon X and Berserker Wolverine) with little or no work apart from colour changes.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Knight Models bring out next - they've confirmed a full range, so expect more over the coming months.  

I'm looking forward to grabbing (if they're released):

1) Captain America
2) Thor
3) X-Men (the original team)
4) Deadpool
5) Spider Man
6) Hulk (which should come with a Bruce Banner mini as well)

Make Mine Marvel!

Ps - talking of Wolverine, I can't recommend WOLVERINE #1 by Paul Cornell and Ryan Stegman.  Picking up after the climax of Paul Cornell's 'Killable' arc, which ended with 'The Wolverine Is Dead', the book promises to reinvigorate a character that has been a staple of the Marvel U for many years.  I'm going out on a limb here, but I think that what Paul is doing with Wolverine is on a par with Ed Brubaker's run on Captain America and Geoff John's run on Green Lantern - two runs which I hold in high regard, which brought their respective characters to new audiences and strong story lines.

Here's a page from Issue One that's been released as a teaser:

I'll be posting a full review soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My first ever fan fiction!

  My First foray into fan fiction - a Battletech short story!  I've been wanting to write short stories for a while, but never really go...