Sunday 1 April 2018

Craftworld Alaitoc - Assembling a Warhost Pt2

Today has seen me working on some older models to include in the Warhost.

Recently for me, collecting an army means I get to look for the cool stuff I had in the past but sold on, or getting models that I always wanted but never owned for some reason.

The beauty of the Eldar range is that from the Guardians released during the Rogue Trader years, to the Forgeworld kits of now, the aesthetic hasn't changed - the slim, tall silhouette has carried through the years with minor tweaks, meaning that with many models, you can field older pieces next to contemporary kits.

The kits worked on today are the Eldar Guardians, both in plastic, white metal and white metal / plastic hybrids, and 3 Eldar Dreadnoughts.

During the Rogue Trader years, what would become known as the Wraithlord was known by the shared name of 'Dreadnought' along with the Imperial and Ork versions.

The versions I've built are the 'Banshee' variant - the Support Dreadnought...


I've used an Eldar Missile Launcher, a Star Cannon and a Scatter Laser for the weapon mounts...


Then there's the 20 Guardians - taken from two boxes of plastic Guardians, a few metal / plastic hybrids and white metal models:
 The Metal / Plastic Hybrid Kits

 Plastic Guardians!

The Support Weapon

And for a Standard Bearer, I've used Menhe Worldsong...


I've also built and primed 3 War Walkers, possibly the most frustrating metal kit I've ever built!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

My first ever fan fiction!

  My First foray into fan fiction - a Battletech short story!  I've been wanting to write short stories for a while, but never really go...